The PM Podcast Episode 440: PMBOK? Guide Seventh Edition
At the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, I had the opportunity to attend two workshops to help in the development of A Guide to The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) -- Seventh edition.
Yes, you read that right: Seventh Edition. And here is what PMI® wrote about the workshop:
The workshop was led by Cynthia Dionisio, Mike Griffiths, and Stephen Townsend. Cyndi and Mike are the co-leads for the new PMBOK® Guide Seventh Edition and Stephen represents PMI. And in addition to attending the workshop, I also got the opportunity to sit down with them and learn what we can expect from the new guide. (My best guess is that it will be published sometime in 2021).
In the interview we talk about
- the move from process-based to principles-based standards,
- what will happen to the domains and knowledge-areas,
- how the next guide will cover the entire delivery spectrum,
- why it will be much shorter than the current edition, and
- what each member of the team hopes that the seventh edition will be able to achieve.